APPLICATION & REQUIREMENTS
IMPORTANT Before applying, please read the information below to make sure your band qualifies to enter Rockonsin. The deadline for applications is April 30, 2017.
- Open for participation to any 7th – 12th grade Wisconsin student band of two or more members that is formed outside the school music program. All band members must be enrolled in a Wisconsin public, private, charter, virtual or home school during the 2016/2017 school year.
- The band must submit, along with their application, the performance of one song (original or cover) on video with a link to that video, please video close enough so that we can see the band members actually playing or singing; please include the songwriting credit and lyrics.
- All elements of the band performance must be performed live, no sampling or DJs.
- The 12 statewide bands that are selected to perform at the ROCKONSIN State Finals at Summerfest must appear on the date and at the time assigned for their performance or their slot will be given to an alternate band. Bands will only bring their instruments and cords and will use Summerfest stage amplifiers and backline. All drummers will use a community drum kit and will not be swapping out any equipment; a description of the drum kit will be provided. Changeover time between band performances is extremely limited.
- If your band is selected to perform at the Summerfest finals competition, you will have 15 minutes for your performance and bands must finish their performance in that timeframe.
- Swearing or the use of profane, intolerant or misogynistic language and inappropriate attire will be cause to turn off the sound system and disqualify a band’s performance – so be cool. You want to impress the judges with your musical talent.
- NO PROPS ON STAGE, no exceptions. All bands/groups are expected to respect the use of all Summerfest stage and sound equipment, this includes not damaging any sound system equipment or stage facilities. No standing on monitors, speakers or damaging microphones or the community drum kit; no throwing objects (e.g. drumsticks) from the stage or into the crowd – any actions such as described above or causing damage to equipment will not be tolerated and is grounds for immediately turning off the sound and disqualification from the competition.
- Summerfest stage managers have the final say on all production related matters.
- Providing misleading or false information on your band application is grounds for disqualification.
- Finalist band date and assignment times at the Johnson Controls Stage are not negotiable; if you are unable to sign an agreement to confirm the band's date and time to perform including a liability waiver and provide a stage plot then that time slot will be offered to an Alternate band.
- By filling out a ROCKONSIN band application you and all band members have received parental consent to compete in ROCKONSIN; and by submitting this ROCKONSIN band application all band members and their families hold harmless ROCKONSIN LLC and Dennis Graham Associates LLC, Madison Area Music Association, Summerfest and all ROCKONSIN sponsors and partners from any and all liabilities in association with competing in this garageband performance/event; and you give your permission to use your likeness and that of all band members in any advertising for ROCKONSIN LLC promotions.
If for any reason the Summerfest facilities are not available for the competition to be conducted, because of weather or other unforeseen circumstances, the Finals show will not be rescheduled; judges will review and judge the finalist bands application videos to determine the winner and runner-up.